Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

taylordperformingarts
My Device: blackberry torch

going to get locked out as i have forgotten my password

hi there

my blackberry torch stopped working a few months ago and eventually because i need it for my company i gave up and just ran out to buy a curve to keep me going.  when i got in tonight i switched it on and it seems to be functioning reasonably well again.  however i have one problem because i havent used it since april i have completely forgotten my password

i am about to lock the phone on my next attempt,  i spoke to vodaphone and they advised me to come on here for support but i cant find that section?  i dont mind it all the data on the phone has to go missing but the woman at vodaphone made out it would kill the device completely?? anybody got any ideas?? help would be greatky appreciated

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: going to get locked out as i have forgotten my password

You will lose your data, but that's it.

What will happen is that the device will perform a Security Wipe.....removes the data, but your device will function just fine.  If you have made backups, then you have nothing to worry about, right?  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
taylordperformingarts
My Device: blackberry torch

i am a bit of a techno phobe i havent made any back ups but need nothing on the phone so i am ok to do it then yea?? :-)

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Well you should start making backups, then.  At least once a week.  :smileyhappy:

Yes, you'll be okay.  :smileyhappy:

Oh, and remember your password!  :smileyvery-happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."