Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
skijumpz
My Device: Torch 9810

google calendar - changes made on blackberry do not sync to google calendar website

i have a blackberry torch 9810 with OS v7.0.0 build 2404.  i have a BES for syncing with work's Exchange server.  i use BIS for gmail, contacts, and calendar.  here are details of the issue i'm experiencing:

• when i create a new appointment on the google calendar website, it shows up on my blackberry
  • when i create a new appiontment on the blackberry, it shows up on the google calendar website
  • when i make changes to existing appiontments on the google calendar website, the changes show up on my blackberry
  • when i make changes to existing appointments on my blackberry, the changes do not show up on the google calendar website

i've tried to delete my gmail account from the blackberry and re-add it.  i just upgraded to OS v7.0.0 build 2404 today.  ideas?  

New Contributor
skijumpz

Re: google calendar - changes made on blackberry do not sync to google calendar website

• my carrier: AT&T
  • applicate storage free space: 195MB
  • built-in media storage free space: 6.2GB
  • medica card storage free space: 11.9GB
  • installed apps: amazon mp3, at&t code scanner, blackberry app world, blackberry maps, blackberry messenger, blackberry podcasts, blackberry protect, browser, calculator, calendar, citrix receiver, clock, contacts, documents to go, email setup allication, file explorer, google maps, google talk, google voice, help, home screen, keepassbb2, media, memopad, messages, net_rim_bb_qm_peer_catalyst_impl, options, password keeper, password lock, phone, shazam encore, social feeds, taskee for producteev, tasks, tty support, the weather channel standard, visual voice mail, white nosie lite, youtube
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: google calendar - changes made on blackberry do not sync to google calendar website

When making changes to the existing appointments, how long are you waiting to see if it updates?

i've waited as long as 2 days and the changes didn't show up on the google calendar website

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Weird.  And everything worked before the upgrade?

If so, you may have to downgrade your OS using the desktop manager.  I can understand it if doesn't sync at all or 1 way, but you're getting a partial 2 way sync.

It didn't work before the upgrade, either
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

gotcha.

Are you using IMAP only in your gmail setup?

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77695

Nope, I'm not using imap. I'm using BIS.

I've done a fair amount of googling on this, and I can't seem to find anyone else experiencing the same issue. Perhaps it's time I perform a hard reset and reload my apps and settings manually.
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

[ Edited ]

Thats a good idea.  I'm using gmail with BIS, but I have my gmail settings configured for imap.

I'd try the imap option first.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1668960&rd=1

i should clarify; i do have IMAP enabled in my gmail settings, and i am using the "enhanced gmail plug-in for blackberry" on my blackberry through BIS to check my email.

i went ahead and bit the bullet and wiped the blackberry with a hard reset, and manually added all my apps and settings.  the calendar sync is working properly now.  *shrug*

thanks for your suggestions!