Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
ccecilia1981
My Device: torch
My Carrier: tmobile

help please aim and windows live issue

I recently purchaed a unlocked Blackberry Torch i am  in Nevada with Tmobile,I have tried to delete aim and windows live and reeistal it i also updated the software on Blackberry desktop i still get message when i try to sigh in saying service not enabled for this device I noticed that yahoo messenger works fine what can i do? I went in to options and looked under application management I noticed that under cpu on alo and windows live it said not running what is that?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Hiren
My Device: 9800 Torch / Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: help please aim and windows live issue

Hi

When you go into Menu>Options>Device>Application Management>CPU

When you see Windows Live Messenger say 'Not Running' it just simply means that the program isnt in use by your phone at the moment. Along with all the other applications you have installed but are not currently running on your phone at this moment in time. I am currently logged into my WIndows Live Messenger and under CPU it doesn't say 'Not Running' as it is in use.

In terms of getting it working check the permissions to see if the are enabled by default they should be. To do this Menu>Options>Application Management> Under Applications All scroll down to Windows Live Messenger and press your Menu button and you will get several options starting with Switch Application to Close.

Within the list go to 'Edit Default Properties' (3rd from bottom). According to my settings (which are working fine) all defaults should be on 'Allow'.

If that doesn't work can you please reply back with the version of Windows Live Messenger  you have mine is currently 2.5.63. To do this follow same steps I mentioned to check default properties but instead go to 'View Properties' (2nd from top). The version number is the 2nd line.

This is so I can check what version you have and all the modules listed for this app (scroll further down that page you will the modules. I have 22 in total.

Hope this helps a bit, please post back your version number and number of modules.

Regards

Hiren

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccecilia1981

2.5.69 that is my windows live application when i press menue i only ge switch application show keyboarddelete and close thats all then uder cpu there is modues i have no idea what those are,please help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccecilia1981

ohh I did find that it did say allow but it says not running under windows live and aol im! but the weird thing is that blackberry application world says not running but that one works just fine!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccecilia1981

there are 2 modules under windows live messenger

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Hiren

[ Edited ]

Hi sorry couldnt get back to you sooner, Im on a little break at the moment

My version Windows Live Messenger is slightly different to yours mine is 2.5.63 which I installed 18/09/2010.

Mine has 22 modules which I believe are needed by the application depending on country (i think).

As mine have net_rim_bb_qm_msn_resource_de

..._en

..._it

etc to do with GPS location i.e. country.

It might be that you are missing a module or have a wrong one, hence service unavailable

Regards

Hiren

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccecilia1981

how do you add hte modules?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Hiren

Hi

Modules cannot be added or deleted, I was just comparing your application of Windows Live Messenger to mine to see the difference and pick up any difference which might be the problem.

I am unsure of what the cause might be but will try and find some more info when I can sorry can't be of much help at this moment in time.

Regards

Hiren

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Hiren

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/features/im/wlm.jsp

Follow this link

Either try download this version, as it looks newer than mine. Or click the 'Get Support' link whick I have highlighted in the red box'

untitled11.JPG

Hope this works for you

Regards

Hiren

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccecilia1981

i can not see the red box! whrn i went to download it it took me to my version:smileysad:

Please use plain text.