12-06-2011 11:12 AM
did you install a multi language OS on it?
how did you install the OS? PC or over the air?
12-06-2011 11:31 AM
12-06-2011 01:22 PM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
At some point during the install an option for languages will appear as well as adding in software.
Enjoy the new OS.
12-06-2011 01:38 PM
you can use a diff carrier if it is not listed
all OS's are the same regardless of carrier.
12-06-2011 02:54 PM
welcome, let us know how your progress