Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

carloselcool
My Device: Not Specified

how can i block the screen during a call on BB torch?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: how can i block the screen during a call on BB torch?

What do you mean by block the screen?  Do you mean prevent your face from hitting any of the buttons?  If the Torch is at all like the Storm series in this regard, there should be a proximity sensor preventing the screen from activating while you have the screen up against your face.

If you're looking for something else, or if this is not working correctly on your phone, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Make sure your OS is up to date.  I recommend 6.0.0.337.  Some of the early OS's for the Torch didn't have this feature or it didn't always work properly. 

You can get it here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9800-series-discussion-torch/239611-latest-os-9800-os-6-0-0-...

Please follow the instructions in the first post of the thread and you should have no problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
proudmommy22807
My Device: Torch 9800 6.0 Bundle 1165 (v6.0.0.337, Platform 6.4.0.142)
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for that info, John. I've had my Torch since September, and I don't believe it had this auto-lock feature when I got it. It would press buttons all the time during calls. I installed an application called "Talk-Lock", and it works well, but the drawback is when using "press 1 for this, 2 for this" type systems. You have to manually slide it to unlock, instead of just pulling the phone away from your ear and pressing the appropriate number. I will disable this app now, and see if the phone will lock the screen on its own.

"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity." ~ Buddha

Please give kudos to helpful posts and authors by clicking on the white star to the left of their post. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Basically, it uses the light sensor near the led to turn off the screen.  You can test by simply making a phone call and then after it connects put your thumb over the LED.  The screen should go black. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
proudmommy22807
My Device: Torch 9800 6.0 Bundle 1165 (v6.0.0.337, Platform 6.4.0.142)
My Carrier: AT&T

Worked for me! YAY for one of my 20 BB Torch problems being solved! Thanks, John! :smileyvery-happy:

"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity." ~ Buddha

Please give kudos to helpful posts and authors by clicking on the white star to the left of their post. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Only 19 to go?

Please use plain text.