Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

fraserb
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

how do i stop sync deleting past calendar entries??

hi, try as I might, can't stop sync deleting past calendar entries. using torch 9800 and OS6 2949 with outlook 2007. tried configuring for hours but syncing still comes up trying to delete entries more than few months old...which I want to keep.

tried 'upcoming entries only'  (then it wants to delete over 1000 entries!!) and can't get the 'advanced' filters option to make any difference. really would like someones help..............

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poppyj
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Re: how do i stop sync deleting past calendar entries??

I have the same issue with my phone as well. I would love to have a phone that didn't cause so much frustration. Hang time, freezing and buttons that work interrmintintly on top of deletiong my past calendar entries when I sync.

I've called my carrier but they are no help.

I am hoping I can find lasting fixes here.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello and Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community,

This KB article should help with past calendar entries being deleted during synchronization. "Calendar items occurring in the past are being deleted from the calendar application on the computer" http://bbry.lv/KKQSel

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
pjhobie
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

The KB article doesn't address changes that need to be made on the Desktop Software if you're using version 7.1. I changed the setting on my BB to Forever, but it still wants to delete calendar entries that I have not manually deleted on either the device or my Outlook calendar. Thanks for any help you can give.

Please use plain text.