Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hariprasath
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: airtel india

how to change the country and service provider in blackberry site in computer

when i login to blackberry site country and service provider changes from india to usa......i am from the part of india(tamilnadu),i have a blackberry id too......i can change my country before login to the site.....but at once i login to the site using my blackberry id in my computer the country and service provider changes form india to usa.....help me to solve the problem

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how to change the country and service provider in blackberry site in computer

Hello,

There are many "BlackBerry sites"...which exact one are you having problems with please?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hariprasath

Re: how to change the country and service provider in blackberry site in computer

hi

in.blackberry.com i have problem with this......i change my country and service provider,but once i login to my id it changes to USA

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, but I still do not understand. When I go to that site (in.blackberry.com), there is nowhere to change country and service provider, nor anywhere to login to anything. So I am still not at all sure what you are actually doing.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hariprasath

[ Edited ]

Go to that site click->apps->browse all apps........and scroll down to the bottom of the site there you can see the country,we can make the change there(i choose india)........after make a change when in sign in it changes to USA.....

Another one important point is when i first login to the site by giving my mail id it ask for pin so found the pin in my device(blackberry torch 9860) OPTION->DEVICE->DEVICE AND STATUS INFORMATION there you see the PIN

so when i sign in on the top it shows DISPLAY INFO FOR ( UNITED STATES VERZION WIRELESS) it have a change option near by but cant able to change.......i think this is clear for you......

Edit: At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hariprasath

Another one error i got is BlackBerry World Web Plug-in Error Your device is being accessed by another application on your computer. Please close all other browser windows and try again...... 

the above error i mentioned appears at the final stage of the download page....i think torch 9860 is stopped in USA,but it is released in india a month back......at the starting i downloaded many apps but it doesnt suits my model............this is all because of country and sevice provider

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hariprasath wrote:

i think this is clear for you......

Well, it is close...

hariprasath wrote:

Go to that site click->apps->browse all apps

I see no selection for exactly that...I see "Browse Apps" and "Browse All Featured Apps", but not exactly what you stated. But it is probably moot anyway...

It sounds like you are attempting to use the web-based AppWorld to obtain apps for this device. Further, this device sounds like it was originally made for Verizon in the USA, and you are not trying to use it in India. Such is always a challenge.

What I advise is that you skip the web-based AppWorld and instead use the on-device AppWorld. The on-device AppWorld will, once all is configured correctly, show you apps that are compatible for your situation...which is a combination of your device model number, your OS level, your country, and your carrier...the on-device AppWorld will take all of those into account and filter to show you only those apps for which you are eligible.

But, just in case, please do be sure you've correctly followed all things in this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

From what you are describing, it sounds as if perhaps the BB ID associated with this device is somehow linked to VZW, and that may be causing the web-based AppWorld to become confused. If you do a fresh WIPE, create a brand new BB ID, and get your BB properly functioning on your desired carrier, then perhaps things will clear up.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.