Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
vannigo
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Go Mobisle

how to delete a contact list at one go linked to an email account

Not sure anyone can help....I had created a new email account on my mobile and had imported a lots of contacts that were linked to this email account. I have now deleted the email account but the contacts (range about 1000) do stil lappear in my contact list.

although the option button under contacts lets me choose between my contact lists, the contact list that was linked to the email account that I have just deleted  still appear.  is there any way I can delete all contacts (at one go)  linked to the email account i have just deleted ? as otherwise i have to delete 1000 contacts one by one and thats very very time consuming :smileyhappy:

Any help?? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: how to delete a contact list at one go linked to an email account

Hi vinnigo

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I think you can do that using BlackBerry Desktop Software , First make sure that wireless contact sync is disabled, then Connect your device and open desktop Software > Click on Device > Delete Data  > Choose " Selected Data " .

It will offer you to delete your contact list on a one go .

But first as precaution do a backup of your device. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vannigo
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Go Mobisle

Hi Prince 2012,

many thanks for your reply. i have followed your clear instructions however, once i arrive at 'selected data' stage ihave the following options:

* Address Book - entries 1203

* Address Book - All - entries 2391.

I know that I have 2 email accounts on my BB and that the the contact list for each of the email accounts are the same, however, the BB desktop software does not specify any details of the name of the email account such that i can be sure that I am deleteing the right contact list.

Any idea if there is something i can do to be sure that i am deleting the right contact list?

many thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi vannigo

I hope you have disabled  your wireless contact sync. Please refer to this Knowledge base article :

KB19704 : Multiple Address Book contact lists are created on a BlackBerry smartphone causing issues with synchronization.

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.