Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mikeusa
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

how to remember your password for Blackberry Torch?

I forgot my password for the blackberry torch and I switch out my simcard with son's simcard and I forgot my visual voicemail pw. Is there any way to download the blackberry torch application's without knowing your favorite food that question my cell phone asked me? Is there any way to reset the password for the blackberry torch?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how to remember your password for Blackberry Torch?

Hello,

There are several possible passwords I can gather from your post. Device Lock Password? SIM Password? Application Password? I really can't tell which you are asking about. But, if it's the first one (device lock password)...only entering it correctly can unlock your BB. There is no backdoor or master password to bypass it...otherwise, what would be the point of the security?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikeusa
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

That was not helpful at all:mansad:. I believe I got a refurbished Blackberry Torch in the mail and the previous user must have programmed it to remember is favorite food....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

I'm sorry my reply to your original post was not helpful. But, you see, I was not able to determine, from your original post, what exactly was going on for you. Many many details were missing and I could not guess what was correct...hence, I asked for more detail so as to try and help you better. You see, I cannot see what you see...I had no idea what a "favorite food" was about...now you have added a bit more detail and I perhaps can guess better. And from what you say, it does sound like the device lock password. If what you suspect is true, then you need to enter the password wrongly the maximum number of times (normally 10) and the BB will then wipe clean and you can start over.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.