Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

LayzeeBird
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

how to reset my bb device password without wiping out my data

hello there,

I forgot my BB torch device password after a long time without using it. I had set only 4 times attempts for security earlier. Now, I have tried 3 times already and dare not to try the last attempt as all of my data will be erased.

please let me know if anyone of you know how to reset the password without erasing all my data.

Thanks in advance!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: how to reset my bb device password without wiping out my data

Hi LayzeeBird

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have to remember and enter the correct password that you have set in your device, By no other mean you can access or reset the device password . If you fail your device will initate a wipe process deleting all data within your device. I think you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are unable to enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

Lay123

• And you enter L > a > y > alt > 1 > 2 > 3 
  •  the actual result will be
  • Lay1er
  • You must enter
  • L > a > y > alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3
  •  to get Lay123 on your device.

So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing Lay123, you are actually typing Lay1er

Please think carefully and try to enter it again correctly . If you fail in this process and if you have a backup of your device then after a wipe you can restore it.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.