Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

how to turn off internet, email & other date services abroad

My unlimited internet access is only free inside of this country (France), how to disable internet, email and other data services when I go abroad, (my Iphone had a "Data Roaming" switch to avoid substantial charges when using email, web browsing and other data services abroad), I can't find this application on my Blackberry,

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: how to turn off internet, email & other date services abroad

Go into Manage Connections and uncheck the Mobile Network box, and others in there as you see fit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In addition to what Boomer stated, in the Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Data Services you can set "While Roaming" to OFF.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for your helpfull answers!