Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: roger
Accepted Solution

how to update torch 9810 roger

please tell me how can i update my phone i have tried it on desktop manager for blackberry but it says that blackberry active seriver is required for that i dont know what to do ?? please help me...i am new user for blackberry 

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: how to update torch 9810 roger

[ Edited ]

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

VIA | Guru III

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Update-OS-of-9860-Unlocked-Virgin-Carrier-OS...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thnx i will try  but i want to know why i cannot update it from phone itself or from desktop software and how can i  use wifi on it when i connect my phone with wifi and try to open appworld it says that "we cannot connect to blackberry world and make sure that your wireless is on " it says that with all apps.....

please help

thnxxxxx 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

All of your issues can likely be tied to the same thing...the lack of a proper BB Data plan from your mobile service provider. Installation of some OS levels require subscription to such a plan...the advice given to you above allows you to bypass that restriction. Many BB proprietary services require subscription to a proper data plan...lacking that, you cannot use those services, even if via WiFi only. A BB without a proper BIS-level data plan is a very hobbled device indeed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thnxx yesterday i updated my phone finally and got new version 7.1 but again wifi issue sometime it work and sometime not ,please tell me how can i use wifi on 9810 without data plan....

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As I said above, you can use SOME of your BB via WiFi without a data plan. But you cannot use ALL of your BB without a data plan. Things like email, perhaps the native web browser, some social networking, etc. will never work via WiFi without proper data plan. That is just the way it is.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code