Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodocom south Africa

i can recieve emails on my device but i cannot send, reply, or open attachments

Last week my Blackberry was fine but this week it started to do strange things. I don't understand why and am willing to explain each of my problems. I understand if I may have to go to a blackberry place to get it looked at. But right now my biggest concern is that I am not able to send emails. This is very important for me and I need to send emails daily. The error I am getting is 'Transaction error - failure at service" at the top. Any help would be appreciated thanks :smileyhappy:
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: i can receive emails on my device but i cannot send, reply, or open attachments

Hello EPenn

Please try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Once those methods are done successfully try to send an email and check if error persists . If problem persists then try this Knowledge Base :

KB01655 : "Transaction error - failure at service" appears when an email message is sent from the BlackBerry smartphone

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Re: i can recieve emails on my device but i cannot send, reply, or open attachments

I click on the link and it takes me to blackberry 10.....I have a curve 8250 I think the number.
Elite II

Re: i can recieve emails on my device but i cannot send, reply, or open attachments

EPenn wrote:
I click on the link and it takes me to blackberry 10.....I have a curve 8250 I think the number.

Which link is taking you to BlackBerry 10 ? 

On each KB scroll down and follow those suggestion given for your Specific device OS , if you have a Curve 8520 then you should  follow the suggestion given for BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 5 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

It was not working the registration.....but I ended up trying to delete the account and re set it up and that work. Thanks for your help though :smileyhappy:
Elite II

You are welcome .. Enjoy !