Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800

i can't install blackberry maps

i used to have bb maps on my device. 

I don't remember having deleted it, but now i want to install it but i can't. When i download it the only thing i get is the "Blackberry Maps Installer", which means i can't really install it because the installer seems to be... NOWHERE!

what can i do to have BB Maps again ???

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: i can't install blackberry maps

Hello lolotjeuh

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

From where you tried to downloaded BlackBerry Maps .

Can you try this , from a PC go through this link  BlackBerry Maps  and enter any email address that you have configured on your device , it will send a download link in your message box .Use that link to download BlackBerry Maps on your device.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

i already did that, and i get the download link but i get the Blackberry Maps Installer. 
I also tried to install it through Blackberry Desktop Software, but still no success.

Elite II

lolotjeuh wrote:

i already did that, and i get the download link but i get the Blackberry Maps Installer. 
I also tried to install it through Blackberry Desktop Software, but still no success.

Hi lolotjeuh

So what happen when you Click on that Download link  , are you getting any errors ?

You can also Install BB maps by desktop Software also , Are you not getting BlackBerry maps on that application list , when you click on application within desktop software ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I get no errors. But in desktop software i also don't get the app listed. Only the maps installer is listed...
Elite II

[ Edited ]

The above link does allow to Install BlackBerry maps !

Regarding via Desktop Software, if you are unable to locate BlackBerry Maps in application list  then you have to download and Install the OS pack on your PC , locate your Carrier and download it from here BlackBerry Software Download Site . After downloading Double Click the same file to Install it on your PC.

Once completed Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software  > Select Applications  >  scroll down and locate BlackBerry Maps (a + will appear next to that application) > Click on Apply to install it on your device.