Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

in the process of installing the updated version (forced install)....

[ Edited ]

While forcing the install of the device software in an attempt to get my phone working again, a pop up box came up that said "Application loader cannot connect to this device. Please reconnect device and if prompted, enter password". I am confused because the screen behind this pop up says not to disconnect my device as it could be rendered unusable if I do. What to do in this situation? Very perplexed.   on the screen of my phone it now says "Error 507 Reload Software> this is different from what it said before, which was error 102. What the hell am I supoosed to do?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: in the process of installing the updated version (forced install)....

Error 507 means that BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot detect a working version of OS on your phone and you'll need to load an OS to your phone to make it operational.

You're actually going to have to unplug your phone from your PC, despite what BDS says.  Once you've done that, plug it back in and wait for BDS to recognize your phone.  If BDS cannot recognize it, have a look at this article:

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.