Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
chestunatto
My Device: Not Specified

jpgs not loading, can someone help please....?

Guys,

Hope you can help. I've looked through the forums and done everything, but still not working.

So basically, I get a HTML email with images embedded, everything is set for auto downloading but for some reason all I get is a box with a red X inside it. I never, ever see the image unless I go to the attachments list and I download the image. But I don't want to do that all the time!

Can anyone help me....?

Gee

PS On the iPhone it used to download the entire image without problems, why does the BB not do that?

Regular Contributor
omxter
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: jpgs not loading, can someone help please....?

hey, and welcome to the forums.

in the messaging app press the blackberry button then select "options" ----> "Email settings" then make sure HTML email is enabled and that "download images automatically" is set to "yes"

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
chestunatto
My Device: Not Specified

Re: jpgs not loading, can someone help please....?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Tried that and still getting the outline of the picture box with the red X inside it.

Not happening for every email I get with pictures in it, but some.

Anything that I should be looking for with regards to the characteristics of the jpg I'm receiving?

G