Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
odessa20132013
My Device: torch 9800

key not functioning as it should

Hi I bought a bb torch 9800 for the first day the phone was fine but on the second day the blackberry key wasn't functioning when I press it to get the options to open tray and stuff it gives me the key pad to make a call and add # frm phone book I'm in bb messenger I clicked on the bb key to get the options to view contact profile end chat delete contact etc but I dnt get tHat I get the number pad to make a call the power button dsnt turn off the phone at all the only key working in that row is the track pad d repair shop reloaded d phone that didn't work they said the cable needs to be changed PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE this is very frustrating what do I do to fit this problem permanently
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: key not functioning as it should

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Lacking any punctuation, it is very difficult to understand your post...all the words run together and I cannot tell for sure what your situation is.

But, I think you said that you had your device looked at by a professional...as such, it's rather impossible, at an internet distance, to second guess the diagnosis that they gave you...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
odessa20132013

My blackberry key is not working, blackberry torch 9800. The blackberry key, power on and off key does not execute the functions they should!!! The row of keys that's just under the screen does not function properly, if the blackberry key is pushed, i get the key pad to make a call and that's not suppose to be since I should be getting the option once on the home screen, pushing the blackberry key should give me the option to "OPEN TRAY" how do I fix that? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Perhaps by doing what the technician, who already evaluated your device, recommended? Again, at an internet distance, it's impossible to second guess what a qualified technician has already diagnosed.

There are a number of self-diagnosis steps we can provide you with, but my guess is that after all of that tedious activity (days worth of work for you), the result will not change.

Is there a reason you do not want to trust what the technician has told you?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
odessa20132013

I don't trust them, they took my phone didn't fix it and charged me a lot of money for nothing and now want me to pay another sum to get a cable and pay for their services again. I'm just afraid after they're finished the problem will still exist.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

At an internet distance, there is no diagnosis we can give you. All we can give you are self-diagnostic tests for you to attempt to see if you can find an actual OS/software reason, or deduce down to hardware being the most likely cause. But true diagnosis simply cannot be done at an internet-distance.

As I said earlier, all of those self-diagnostic steps could take you (likely) several days to do. And, if they all reveal nothing, then what they wind up revealing is that some bit of hardware is the most likely cause...but even that's not a true diagnosis, just a deduction based on ruling out other things.

So, let us know how you'd like to proceed...we'll gladly give you such tests to run, but you need to be ready for a multi-day process during which your device will remain unusable, with a very highly probable outcome of a hardware-level issue (and, at an internet distance, we can't get to anything more detailed than that...we can say it's most likely hardware, but there's just no way to tell you what bit of hardware it might be).

Let us know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.