Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

abbey755
My Device: Torch 9800

log files

hey hi m frm india..juz wana know how to remove log files frm device..I think the device is gettin hanged due to overload of log file
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: log files

Hi abbey755

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you want to access and clear log then please follow this Knowledge Base :

KB28247 : How to enable Debug level event logging on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
abbey755
My Device: Torch 9800

Hey hi thnx for the info, I tried with the steps however after 2-3 times following Alt lglg the logs are not gettin deleted..kindly suggest
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

Hi abbey755

When you  press alt and type lglg it will popup event log screen, If you want to delete those log files then within thatScreen Press the Menu key > Clear Log scr,it will clear those log files.

But Clearing those log files only may not resolve the issue you are you are having , If your device is lagging or it hangs then you have to note a few things Close Applications Correctly -    Avoid using the End key to close applications as they simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead , press the Menu key , Select the Close or Exit the Application.

Don't leave your Browser Open on any active Webpage and turn off your wifi when not in using .If programs run in the background you device may lag or hang. Please have a look at this Article it may help you in overcoming your problems:

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.