Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hurt70
My Device: Torch 9800

losing my patience !!!!

Just reinstalled OS6 3155 on my 9800 Torch for the secomd time. Had to do so after phone went into an unending reboot loop after updating a couple of apps.  so now my phone won't connect to my computer to restore my data and the message "computer connection failed" keeps coming on screen...even when it's not connected to my computer. My patience is wearing thin with blackberry. Thiss is my only phone line and I am missing calls and possible job offers because of this. RIM better step up and fast !!!!! Someone please give me some insight into fixing this joke of a phone !!!!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: losing my patience !!!!

And voice and SMS is not working either?

At Options > Device > BlackBerryID, have you logged in your ID?

hurt70 wrote:

RIM better step up and fast !!!!! Someone please give me some insight into fixing this joke of a phone !!!!!

I'm sure you're frustrated, but This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. We are users much like you, so please be patient, if you want direct assistance from RIM, call Telus and ask to have your issue escalated up to RIM level tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hurt70

I apologize for my outburst. But I have had nothing but trouble with this phone for a year. This. is the second time i've had  to reinstall the OS after updating an app. After I reistalled the first time I lost App World icon and had the message "uncaught exception: net.rim.vm.AbstractMethod error" keep coming on screen anytime i rebooted my phone . Now i have this problem . And i just realized i didn't have app world again. so i just downloaded it over my mobile network . but now app world is not working, not connecting to the network even though I AM connected to the network. So here are my problems in order of importance:

1: cannot connect to my computer, and message "computer connection failed" continues to pop up on screen even after diconnecting usb cord.

2. app world will not connect to network even though i am connected

Please help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hurt70

Ok. So Both problems solved themselves. But now my phone will not accept a restore. I've tried to restore my data 10 times and it won't load. blackberry desktop software goes through the full load sequence and when it's done nothing has been loaded. Help !!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Can you please try a selective restore of only one or two databases?

• In the Restore options, click on the "Select Data", rather than "All".
  • Do not try to restore the Smart Card or Social Feeds databases, leave those UNchecked.
  • Restore all others.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.