Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
blackarrow55
My Device: 9800

mY 9800 INTERNAL memory 4 gb has disappeared not acceable from a pc or fromthe phone itself

mY 9800  INTERNAL memory 4 gb has disappeared not acceable from a pc or fromthe phone itself , i delted any new app was installed my meid acrd storage still intact how ever it's like the phone can't find it's own 4 gb memory , no error msgs  , any help please????

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: mY 9800 INTERNAL memory 4 gb has disappeared not acceable from a pc or fromthe phone itself

Hello blackarrow55 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your media card with your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone.

Remove the battery and the media card. Insert the battery first and wait for the reboot to complete. After the reboot completes, insert the media card. Do you see a message saying "Media Card Inserted"? 

If you go to Options>Device>Storage are you able to see the free space remaining on your device?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackarrow55

Re: mY 9800 INTERNAL memory 4 gb has disappeared not acceable from a pc or fromthe phone itself

Dear HMthePirate

Thanks for the reply but I was referring to the built-in 4 gb in the BB 9800 the media card is fine and working perfectly , and hardreset was tried already "battery pull" .Any ideas about that ???

Counting on you mate.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

So to clarify, in Options>Device>Storage you no longer see your internal memory, just Application Storage and Media Card?

If you launch the Desktop Software and attempt a device back up, are you able to check off or even see the option for Files saved on Internal Memory?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackarrow55

Q1: yes only those

Q2; no I can't see any files was on the internal memory as the phone didn't have any also the device defualt ring tones disappeared .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mendy
My Device: torch 9800

Please my 9800 internal 4gb has disappeared
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

mendy wrote:
Please my 9800 internal 4gb has disappeared

Internal memory can't be vanished!

1. Back up device data and have a security wipe. To have that go to Options > Security > Security Wipe > type 'blackberry' (without the quotation mark). This will erase all of your device data and device will be back factory settings. You don't need to check contents of media card and user Installed Applications.

2. Check whether you've regain the built-in storage or not.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackarrow55

me and my wife had the same issue on the same 9800 bb, how ever it was resolved by 2 different ways both under the vodafone warranty I tried all what t I can do from my end as security wipe and  software installation nothing worked , what  solved the first phone was a software installation but not like the usual software installation we do through  the blackberry desktop manger it's internal software for the device that solved the first phone the second sent to the repair center they replaced something inside the phone some sort of new board .

So the end of the story happens in the repair center whether it's internal software or parts to be replaced .

Hope that will solve the situation

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mendy
My Device: torch 9800

My blackberry entered into water and since i brought it out and dried it my 4gb internal memory has been missing.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

mendy wrote:
My blackberry entered into water and since i brought it out and dried it my 4gb internal memory has been missing.

Hi Mendy,

Water damage might have affected your device hardware and hence you're not being able to recover the onboard memory. As blackarrow55 suggested you can also try updating/reinstalling device OS. Please follow the below mentioned steps -

Updating or Reinstalling BlackBerry device OS

Pr-requisite –

1. BlackBerry Desktop Software (must be installed in your computer). You can get it latest one from this location BlackBerry Desktop Software
      2. BlackBerry Device OS version (which you intend to have in your device). You can get it from from here  and must be installed it in your computer
      3. USB Cable

Step #01:

Back up your BlackBerry device data before you start any OS update/re-installation step

Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Backup and Restore.  On the next screen select Backup and perform a full backup of your device data. You may consider including on-board device data as well. Please take note where the backup file is located (by default it’s located in Documents folder).

Step #02: If you intend to use an official OS release for your carrier then proceed with the following -

1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone
      2. Connect BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable
      3. Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update. If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
      4. Click Get Update to install the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
      5. Reinsert the Battery which was removed earlier
      6. Click Install Update

Note: there may be a prompt to activate the device wirelessly after the upgrade.

Step #02: If you intend to use an official OS released for other mobile operator then proceed

Before you start Desktop Software search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete it. One can look for Vendor.xml in the following location -

• For Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml
      • For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7: C: \ Program Files x86\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml

1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone
      2. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable
      3. Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update. If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
      4. Click Get Update to install the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
      5. Reinsert the Battery which was removed earlier
      6. Click Install Update

Note: there may be a prompt to activate the device wirelessly after the upgrade.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.