Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

orbelyan
My Device: BBerry Torch 9860

mail installation and sync problem

I am using the forum first time, so I appologize if this topic has already been discussed previously (I didn't manage to find an answer).

I use Torch 9860, and previously I was syncing my google contacts and events via Google Sync. However after recent update of the software Google Sync was deleted, and as I tried to install it again, it turned out that it is not supported anymore... I looked the forums, and it states that the syncronization is done better through BIS. However I never managed to syncronize my google contacts or calendar through BIS (the same for Yahoo and other mail providers). When I add Contacts and Calendar checks from blackberry.vivacell.com website it shows the following

"If you have not already done so, to start calendar and contact synchronization, complete the security activation on your BlackBerry® device:

1. On the Home screen, click the Setup icon and click Email Accounts or Email Settings.
2. After you open the application, the security activation starts. When security activation is complete, calendar and contact synchronization automatically begins."

However either there is no Email Account or Email Settings icon in the Setup, or if there is one (or I access it from mail - options), it does not setup, as it shows that there is no BES (not BIS) service, which is actually true (but according the information from internet no BES is required, BIS is enough).

I tryed to delete and again setup the mail from the webpage, I unchecked and rechecked the calendar and contacts in the mail, I completed full recovery / eresing of the phone several times, nothing helped.

Thanks in advance