Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Deska
My Device: blackberry torch 9860

major problem

Hi, i had BB storm2 before and now i have BB torch 9860 since a year. both phones completely unusable from the same problem i faced. All started with simple screen freezing, then the lock button stopped working, phones were switching off by themselves and when switch on a funny messages was on the screen saying "uncaught exemption" . finally the battery was dying 5minutes after taken  from  charger, I've been advised from the shop i bought it to upgrade the software and this is what caused my phones to be put now where but in the bin. i know it was not a battery problem as i put a new one on old and now on new one and tried to upgrade the software but in both times when i reached  like 50% of the upgrading stage it  was just disconnecting  the devices. i love Blackberry and would not change it for any other phone but don’t think that is fair to be let without a phone even i got another year of my contract. i know i is not my fault as what happened is not  like me dropping the phone on the ground , smashing it or something. i believe it’s a major software problem and i want to know who can help me and whom to blame. It’s just ridiculous two phones manufactured within 2 years difference between them to have one and the same problem unless something i wrong with whole software system. Please help as after my research it happens to be that this is  maybe the only place you can get help, no shop like apple you can take your device and get an advise

Contributor
devinboyko
My Device: blackberry torch 9810

Re: major problem

Dude your phones are broken , new battery motherboard and something else send it to get repaired I have a storm 2 never had a issue only software problem because I put a bell os on a Rogers unlocked storm same **bleep** happened to my 9810 try that but that bat promblem is hardware and u there something missing in your story.
New Contributor
Deska

i took my phones brand new as an upgrade, dont have more than 10 applications downloaded and looking after them so much.storm broke nearly 2years after i had it and when i say broke i mean that problem and now torch is dead  just  aftr an year.my warranty expired in january so realy dont know what to do:smileysad:

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

I had no problem with my S2. My 9850 went South 2 weeks after warranty ran out. It hung up 3/4 thru the reboot. After 3 days and 18 hrs with RIM Tech support it was determined there was a problem with the RAM on the phone and RIM could do nothing more for me. It was up to VZW to do something. After many phone calls and escalation to someone high Jo in VZW they offered me a refurbished one with a 90 day warranty. So far so good. I have seen many more show up in these forums with the same problem. Sounds like RIM had a supplier of the onboard RAM that literally breaks down after a year. This 9850 hopefully will last until my upgrade date in Nov. of 2013 and the software problems with the BB 10 will be fixed.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Contributor
devinboyko

Well in your case sir there broken but non the less when u did own them did u instantly put a screen protector and otter box when u got em brand new? Cause trust if ya didn't a bb android ipod u name it even if u didn't drop would last like a month
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Call your service provider where you got your phone. Ask them to connect you with BB tech support.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
Deska

Thank you,i will do that.just let it go first time as it was time to upgrade anyway but same thing again and not even a single clue why its happenin,that  way toooo much

New Contributor
Deska

no, i never has any protection on neither of them 

Contributor
devinboyko

Hey get it when u get help man otherwise that issue will happen faster my storm 2 still runs today cause I decked it out with protection yeye
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

My info now is VZW charges something like $24 for a year or maybe more for warranty extension. Not insurance, just warranty. Well worth it on my next phone.