Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
marthamcm01
My Device: blackberry torch

media files

My blackberry torch has deleted all my media files after I was requested to update an app through blackberry app. Is there any way of retrieving my stuff?
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: media files

Hi,

Installing an app has nothing to do with media files!! Have a battery pull device reset and check the media files again.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
marthamcm01
My Device: blackberry torch

I tried that and didn't make any difference but thanks anyway
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

as for the media card you might have to try recovery software on a PC to get the info off the card, plenty of free ones to do this on the web

many electronic stores carry USB to SD adapters like best buy, radio shack maybe even walmart

lists a few recovery software places

http://www.ultimateslr.com/memory-card-recovery.php

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V