Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pbillam
My Device: torch 9800

menu has mind of its own?

Hi have recently upgraded my bb from curve 8520 to the torch, had it 4 days and its started to mess up :smileysad:

For some unknown reason and at no set time the menu seems to have a mind of its own and starts scrolling through the screens?

i have sync'd the phone, removed the battery etc etc yet it will still do it - using the phone or email sometimes stops it but not always. it does settle down after a while.?

As the phone is not very old i have not overloaded it with apps.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or know of a solution.?

Cheers

Pen

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: menu has mind of its own?

Mine is quirky that way, too.  I'm not sure why it does it and it doesn't do it every time but I can sometimes view an entire page from top to bottom without touching the trackpad or screen (can you do that, iPhone?  I bet not).

If nobody has a solution to it, I just hold my thumb on the trackpad for a second or two and it stops.

Gotta admit, though.........having the phone scroll for me, despite not being asked to do so, is pretty darn cool!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pbillam
My Device: torch 9800

Re: menu has mind of its own?

LOL - thanks for the reply, i will try that with the track pad and see if it stops. Annoying and i hope that it will get fixed in some update at some point, but i dont think its enough to send it off for repair and be without my BB.

Cheers

Pen

Please use plain text.