Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
sensaki
My Device: torch

missing service books

I have a bb 9800 on T Mobile Network. My service status information for BIS shows NOT connected, however i am able to send and recieve e mail, browse the web, download from app world. The only problem is that i cant access blackberry protect, when i try it states that my service plan doesn't support it and that i should contact my service provider. i contacted them and they tried to configure my settings and said they see no error and that my device is connected to BIS i even had them resend the service books a few times. I tried deleting and resending the service books and battery pulls but still the same problem, However i noticed that  "IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] and BBFS2 [BBIM] were missing from the resended service books. I think those missing service books are causing the confusion with my system. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? any assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: missing service books

sensaki wrote:

I have a bb 9800 on T Mobile Network. My service status information for BIS shows NOT connected, however i am able to send and recieve e mail, browse the web, download from app world. The only problem is that i cant access blackberry protect, when i try it states that my service plan doesn't support it and that i should contact my service provider. i contacted them and they tried to configure my settings and said they see no error and that my device is connected to BIS i even had them resend the service books a few times. I tried deleting and resending the service books and battery pulls but still the same problem, However i noticed that  "IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] and BBFS2 [BBIM] were missing from the resended service books. I think those missing service books are causing the confusion with my system. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? any assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello sensaki,

Try to reset your BlackBerry to factory settings. Read this article.

How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Thanks.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki

thanks 4 your advice i am gonna give that a try. will let u know if it works

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Ok. Goodluck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki

Thanks for your assistance to help me resolve the issue I am facing. I took the approach u mentioned twice and still no luck. My service status still shows not connected and those service books I mentioned r still missing therefore I am still unable to use blackberry protect along with others that solely require BIS. Now when I thought it couldn't get worst, blackberryappworld is not displaying any of the application images. I am baffled at all the weird events and my service provider can't offer any help at all
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Now try to register again to Host Routing Table. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki

Thanks, I've done that many times. I also resended the sevirce books through the setup and had a service rep form my carrier send them as well after which they told me to call blackberry. I called blackberry service tech directly and they said the see the problem but i'll have to connect to them via my carrier service tech because they charge a service fee of 48 dollars to call them directly. Still, I have to thank you Iansantos, you are the only one in this community that offered help to me. Thank you.... But I don't think i'll be a blackberry customer any longer after all this. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki

Thanks 4 all ur helpful advise man, I finally had the problem resolved a t mobile service tech did something and it worked. Now I am back to full functionality with ippp for bibs [ippp] now present. Guess I will be a blackberry customer for a while then
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Nice to know that. What is the solution about your problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki

Sorry for the very late reply, there was a parental block on my phone and that was blocking some service books from being sent to my phone. After they took it off everything was good as new.
Please use plain text.