Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Celcom
Accepted Solution

my 9860 works only when plug in charger. please help

Hello there,

I really need your help as my bb 9860 is currently work when charger been plugged in. Whenever I plug the charger out even when the battery is full my bb will go dead with in couple of minutes and I need to do battery pull in order it to switch it on. Again same thing happen after rebooting if I don't plug in any charger. I even try with other battery still same result. I even reinstall my os still doesn't make any difference. What else can I do? Please help me Smiley Sad(((
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: my 9860 works only when plug in charger. please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

I think you may have actually done some of this, but doing all of it will help indicate where the problem resides. If the problem is your BB itself, you would need to seek warranty evaluation and support, normally obtained from your original place of purchase.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hye there,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am very please to inform you that my bb is back to normal as after I reinstall my os, it happened again after I plugged out the usb cable like I told u, but I did one battery pull after that and it works like a charm. It has been almost 24 hours and it did not go dead. I still did not have a clue what was the main reason the problem occurs at the first place. I actually wanted to wait after 24 hours to post this as I want to ensure everything went smooth. However, it is almost 24 hours and so far my bb doesn't show any issues plus you guys responded to my enquiries promptly and I thought I write this straight away. Thank you so much for looking into this matter. I honestly think the solutions you provide are very much acceptable. Anyway Kudos to everyone for a fantastic customer support.

Regards,

Dzarul
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi there,

Just to add on, I think I've found out which app is the culprit(I guess) because when I reinstall it after reinstalling my os, my bb repeating the same issue again as I mentioned before. I just delete it from my bb and so far my bb is running well. The app is just a google search engine for smartphone I downdloaded from google. Maybe the app are corrupted or something so thats why it has been messing around with my os << I think. Hopefully that's the reason so that my issue won't repeat again. Will keep u update if this thing happen again.

Cheers,

Dzarul