Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bozainab

my BBM contacts are not receiving my broadcast messages

Hello   I'm using. Torch 9800

i have 200 contacts and alot of my contacs say tthey are not receiving the broadcast

And I have more 6 device torch have same breoplem the cocntacts didn't receve broadcast

Can you help me please :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: my BBM contacts are not receiving my broadcast messages

I just sent out one to 5 and they all got it

Are you trying to send to all 200?
Do all have a BlackBerry data plan?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jassim-baizat
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi there

I also have the same problem with my Torch as well as my friends whom they own a torch, some of them sold theirs because no other BBM application works on it such as 5.0.0.57 or 5.0.0.66 version. I have almost 1500 contacts, and when I try to send a broadcast MSG not all receives about only 5 to 10 receive the broadcast, and also the other issue, it doesn’t show if the broadcast has been sent, delivered or read by other contacts, it just shows a red color icon?!?!:smileysad:

But that’s not the issue now, hope it could be solved, as the broadcast message gives the BB its uniqueness between all other instant messaging applications , Please help!! And what to do.. :smileysad:

Thanks & Regards

JassimBaizat  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bozainab

I have anathar phone bold 9700 I send to my all contact 2500 and all receive my brodcast

What the problem in torch must be beter than bold 9700

Ya I tray to send to all contact 200 and 10 its the same problem not all received

Help me please
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I just sent it out to 27 people for a test and waiting for results.

I dont have more than that for contacts.

Do all the people exist in a BBM chat already with a current chat?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

I found out that if there is no current chat, you cant see that it was sent but my friends did receive them.

if I had more contacts I would test it more.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bozainab

im wating

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jassim-baizat
My Carrier: Etisalat

The best way to check if all of your contacts received the Broadcast is to send our a broadcast saying “ please PING!!! Me to check the broadcast status “ and you wait till they reply, some of them reply back as soon as they read it, but some ignore it well that’s a problem.

My contacts are categorized, Guys, Girls, Work, Fiends, Family.

Anyways when I broadcast this MSG and thte category is choosen  ( ALL ) and I tick the ( Select All) box and send not all receive the broadcast, only a portion of my contacts receive,  

I may have found an indirect way to broadcast and all receive it, it’s a long process but at least it works till the problem is solved.

When I broadcast message I change the category from all (ALL ) to any other category e.g. family then tick the ( Select All ) box and only send to one category a time. The received it.

Now I am wondering if the same problem will accrue if all the contacts are in one category instead of categorizing the contacts?

Regards & best of luck

JassimBaizat

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bozainab

Yes all the contacts are in one category
I have 500 contact wen I send them maby 50 receve brodcast

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

There might be a limit as to how many you can send at once and you seem to have found it.

Please use plain text.