Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: MTN

my bb lost colour on screen

I noticed that my bb torch 9810 phone developed a plain white screen in the morning,with all graphics (theme) lost.

All icons are reduced in size and i cant play media files, the bb messenger is not working.I receive calls, i receive sms alerts but cant check my inbox.

Advice

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: my bb lost colour on screen

you should reload your OS
use this link to help guide you through: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Reloading your OS is never a bad idea but it's a big step to take as a first step.

Before reloading your OS, try a simple battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

I have downloaded the OS7.1+ and gone tthrough the instructions provided via your link http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S... and while doing the backup/os reload, i received an error report as follows:

microsoft visual c++ rutime library

runtime error

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way please contact the applications support team for more information.

please advice

Highlighted
Contributor

i get this reponse when i try to open the security icon  on my bb:

error starting net _rim_bb_dryad_gui:module net _rim_bb_dryad_commonlib not found.

some one advice