Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

my blackberry 9810 don't start

my torch 9810 don't start up. yesterday i send a bbm, and 30 minute later, when i look on my torch, it's just a black screen with red light blink, 25sec on and wait 1 minutes for other red blink

i call my phone provider and try

remove battery wait 10

plug on computer

remove battery and plug on computer

start blackberry software and software don't find anything like no phone

i xchange my battery between my two blackberry torch and my good one continu to work good and the bad one continu to red blink

my phone provider tell me that i need to buy a new one,

someone have a other solution ?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: my blackberry 9810 don't start

Hello!

From what you describe, I think you may have done these things, but I cannot tell for sure...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

If it is your BB, these processes may help:

super666 wrote:

my phone provider tell me that i need to buy a new one,

Of course, if that is true, then there's nothing that can be done. Indeed, it's impossible to accurately diagnose a hardware level issue at this internet-distance.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

i try kick start now ! in 5 hour i tell you what happen

but someone know if blink is a code troubleshooting code ? 25sec on 1 minute off ?

Hall of Famer II

Maybe...review this:

• KB18223 Charging behavior of the BlackBerry smartphone

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

It's not work ....

i try to exchange battery with my second torch, and nothing ...

but when i start both in same time, both red light up and off, and when the my good one BB begin to boot, second BB red light on and nothing start...

Hall of Famer II

I think I understand...this 9810 will not start no matter if it has it's own battery or your other battery (which you know is good because that BB does start with that battery). Further, if you use your 9810's battery in the other BB, it starts fine.

So that indicates that this 9810 has some problem. There remain some processes above in post 2 for you to try.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates