Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
raffiak
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
Accepted Solution

my screen has been frozen all day? please help!

okay so i recently purchased a blackberry torch 9800 from my friend, its not in terrible condition but it has a few scratches on it. the phone also worked fine for her.

this morning installed an app to rename my music files, called MTagz or something like that

straight after installing, a grey box with a blue circle loading sign and the word loading in it appeared. i figured it would go after a while, but long story short it didnt.

ive tried rebooting and turning my phone off and then on, but it wont work. if i could, i would uninstall the app but my phone is completely unresponsive.

i can enter my pin and password, but as soon as the homescreen shoes up both the touch screen and the keypad dont work. i can also press the menu button to switch between windows, but when those windows open again i cant do anything.

thanks for your help :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: my screen has been frozen all day? please help!

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given your method of procurement, I recommend you start here:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Ensure that all steps are properly conducted so as to fully divorce the BB from your friend's accounts and thereby be able to fully create all you need for yourself alone.

As for your issue as reported, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
raffiak
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

thank you so much! starting my phone in safe mode worked, and i have successfully deleted the app, thankfully! i didnt even know you could start your phone in safe mode haha :smileyhappy: thanks again, you were a massive help! :smileyvery-happy:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are very welcome. But please do review the first KB I provided to you...if you do not properly divorce your BB from your friends accounts, then many things can go wrong down the line.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code