Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

bsb101
My Device: Torch

my virtual keypad is acting up.

when i press any key on the first row only r comes up, the second row keys all show up as  F's and the third row all com up as C's. the last row keys translate as Space. when the phone is closed, now i can't get the keypad to open. 

in the BBM menu the only button that works is the send message virtual  button, in the text message and messages  menus the only working virtual key is search. 

you get the drift...now can i plz get some help. This is my first smartphone, let alone BB and I am not a happy camper when technology fails.

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Re: my virtual keypad is acting up.

You can try a few things:

First off try removing the battery then put it back in, then test to see if the issue is resolved.

If this issue comes back you can try a clean application load of the device software. I recommend doing a full back up of your device before doing this. To perform a clean application load of the device software see the link below:

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Windows - KB11320

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Hope this helps.