Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone India

need help with torch 9860

Earlier today my phone battery was almost dead, and decide to hang at that very moment, so i pulled out the battery to reboot the device! the device dint switch back on so i pressumed the battery to be dead!  when i plugged in the device to charge it showed me the empty battery sign as the phone was completely dead, after a couple of seconds it came to the booting screen with the white bar... i thought it would load like it always does! but now its stuck at about 75% it refuses to cross that!... i have tried pulling the battery out n rebooting again now several times! i need quick help please! thanks! Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: need help with torch 9860

Please see if you can reboot the device in Safe Mode?

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have tried doing this, but its still stuck at 75% n there is only a beeping noise as soon as it starts bootin!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Are you still in warranty or do you have the extended warranty?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor

i am under warrenty! are you suggesting that i ask for a new device?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Yes! I went thru this exact same thing. 4 days over 18 hours with BB tech support on the phone. They finally determined there was a problem with my RAM and told me there was nothing they could do. You probably will have to go thru your phone provider and get them to connect you with BB Tech support. However if they have Corp. owned stores try there first. They may just give you a new or refurbished phone. I know my replacement phone is a little different than the ones that were first issued. The difference is the vol. button sticks out of the side a little more than the first one I had. So far no problems. Good luck.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.