Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
coolcap
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

needing torch unlock code for free

I am hoping to get my BB Torch unlock from my Rogers service provider in order to travel overseas. The issues is that many of the sites is charging to get the unlock code. How can I get my phone unlock for free and also get the unlock code.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: needing torch unlock code for free

I've never heard of anybody getting an unlock code for free.  If you're able to pull it off, more power to you.

You shouldn't need to unlock your phone if you're just travelling and you'll be returning to Canada again.  Just call Rogers and tell them your situation and they can set you up with whatever you need to keep your roaming costs down while overseas.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coolcap
My Device: torch 9800

While traveling my Rogers phone will not be active. I am hoping to use my phone with that country's wireless service. So I would have to get a sim card as well.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Getting a SIM card in your country of destination should be no problem; any carrier will be happy to hand you one for free in exchange for you using their paid services.

Just keep in mind that different carriers use different cell frequencies on their networks.  Your phone might not work with every carrier in the country to which you're travelling.  Be sure to check the compatibility of your phone before committing to anything.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

[ Edited ]

It is a reputable company, it is free, and they had my unlock code back to me it less than 2 hrs.
They do ask for donations to keep the procedure free. It'll be up to you what you want to do.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sahaya
My Device: 8850
My Carrier: t-mobile

[ Edited ]

you can get free codes from your service provider if your phone is 6 months old. else you need to buy the codes from other vendors who provides paid services. for paid services try this site <removed> to get the codes.

EDIT: Link removed - while free unlock sites are exceptable, those that offer a paid service violate community guidelines and are removed. 

Please use plain text.
arun11
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

contact your network provider/.
Please use plain text.