Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
kelvindc
My Device: torch 9810
Accepted Solution

newest blackberry torch 9810 os and bundle

What is the newest and nice blackberry torch 9810 os version and bundle. My carrier has plenty of them and I don't know which one is new or old. Help
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: newest blackberry torch 9810 os and bundle

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"Newest" is a tricky question...each carrier controls what they will release to their users. One carrier may be faster at that than another, so "newest" is always a double question -- "What is newest from my carrier?" as well as "What is newest overall?"

For your comparison, be sure you understand clearly what your currently installed OS is:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

The first question (your carriers "newest") is pretty straightforward to answer. You simply navigate via the official download portal:

to your carrier, then select your model, then compare the various versions they currently sanction. You compare based on the "Applications" values:

Capture.JPG

The last one in that list is from the 7.0 OS level, with the first two being the 7.1 level. 7.1 is "bigger" than 7.0, so you know that the 7.1 selections are newer than the 7.0 selection. Then, comparing the two 7.1 packages, you see the final octet and compare those...compare .391 against .746 and .746 is again "bigger", so it is a newer package than the .391 package.

This example I quickly snapped from the Rogers area of the portal...your own carrier may well have completely different selections, but the method of comparing them is the same.

The second question ("newest" overall) is harder to answer. The download portal you can see is first sorted by carrier (since they control the OS for their users), and then by device model. So, to find this answer you must dig into each and every carrier, find out who supports your model, determine that carriers "newest" version, and then compare all of the "newest" versions across the carriers to see which is the overall "newest".

It can be a very tedious process, and only necessary if you intend to use an OS package from other than your own carrier...which may well be important to do based on a variety of possible circumstances. For example, when I was on the 9860 on ATT, they were very slow to migrate from 7.0 to 7.1, yet the "fixes" and added features in 7.1 were quite important to me. So I elected to use a package from a different carrier (via the trick of deleting the VENDOR.XML files). You may or may not have a similar need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
kelvindc
My Device: torch 9810

Great!!! Thanx a lot
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code