Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
indu
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
Accepted Solution

no display

hello ..i was using blackberry 9800 torch and was quite happy with it but suddenly i dont  know what happend to my phone's screen it turned black...i switchd it of nd took out the battery nd again switched it on it started working but after some time the screen again went blank ::nd now removing battery is olso not helpful...what shall i do pleases help..i am a big fan of blackberry phones i keep insisting my friend s to switch to blackberry...please dont let me loose my faith on blackberrry..reply as soon as possible thanx

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: no display

[ Edited ]

Hi indu,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Are you able to test with another battery? If that doesn't help, and if you have access to a computer, I would recommend backing up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software in order to rule out any software issue that may be causing the black screen. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please check to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file. If the issue isn't resolved by the above steps, then I suggest contacting your service provider for other options.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
indu

Re: no display

Thanku so much frankie.....my phn has started working again..bt plz let me knw why did it happen?and are there ny chances of happening dis again.
Thanks once again
New Contributor
indu

again the screen went blank

hello

ur solution worked just for a week.now again my phone's screen has gone blank.what to do now?please suggest me a permanent solution.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: again the screen went blank

Hi indu,

Since the software reload has not resolved the issue, I suggest contacting your wireless service provider to see what other options are available to you.

Thank you.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!