Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

number questions related to locking/password of the device

Hi..  I have been enjoying the Torch but I must say I am having alot of different issue when it comes to locking the device.. anyone can please help me out and just make me look stupid please!  :smileyhappy:

* why is it that I can't find the option to make the device lock upon sliding the screen down?  (it will unlock when sliding it open)

* why is the device so easily unlocked with the top button?   Normally in previous BB (or any other brand).. unlocking require at least two key stroke.   With the Torch.. it lock and unlock with a simple 1 sec hold on the top left lock button??? 

* why is the PASSWORD lock DO NOT get activated when the screen is locked?   I used to have a 9000BOLD.   If and when I activate the password protection.. the moment I lock the screen (pressing "A") - the password lock is activated.     The Torch however treat the password lock and screen lock as two different things?????!!!!!!!

Tell me I am just losing it and there is an option somewhere hidden I just need to activate it.

Thanks!!!

Wilson