Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

honeybee22
My Device: torch2011
My Carrier: 02
Accepted Solution

pls help

I would really like to now where my icons dissapert to first my facebook icon i downloaded it again but still didn't show on my homescreen and didn't run in my appworld. And then yesterday I reseved a msg to upgrade my twitter and appworld i upgraded it and the it rebooted and now that icons is gone from my homescreen to bb is doing my head in starting to regret getting this phone loved it when i saw it but now just gives me problems think i should have gone 4 the iphone like everyone said.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
redheadp
My Device: Z30. 9860. 9800. PlayBook.
My Carrier: Optus

Re: pls help

may seem a little trite but did you check the download folder or apps they usually revert back there.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

First of all, you should NOT have gone for the iPhone.  You made a good choice and you should be proud of it.  No phone is perfect, not even the iPhone (believe me, I know people who own them).

Second of all, redheadp's suggestion is good except there is no download folder on the Torch; you have to create one.  Looking in your Applications list might help except I suspect you have the apps on your phone, you're just trying to find the icons.

The one, easy step, that will solve all your icon problems at once is to reload your OS.  It sounds like a big job but it's amazingly simple.  You can go and find each icon on its own (which is quite time consuming), but if you use my suggestion you'll get all the icons back at once.

Plug your phone into your PC via USB and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  At the top of the software, click Device.  From the drop-down menu, click Restore.  Choose the restore point at the top of the list and proceed.  This will restore your icons.

If you haven't created any backup files (and you really should do it.....look into it), then once you've clicked Device, choose Update from the drop-down menu.  It might say your phone is up to date.  If it offers you a newer OS to download, decide if you want it and download it if you wish.  If you like your current OS and just wish to reload it, click View Other Versions.  Your current version should be the one at the top.  Make sure it's checked and proceed.  This will restore your icons.

And please, PLEASE, don't ever say you should have got an iPhone; they're no better than BlackBerry devices.

I hope I' ve been helpful to you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi All!

You are in good hands with BillJ at the wheel! :Sorcerer:

Here is a relevant article that may help.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB18370 Downloaded application or theme cannot be found on the BlackBerry smartphone but shows as installed in the applications list

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
redheadp

on my torch i do have a downloads screen stock standard, had a few panicks losing icons on update but they have allways been there, between media and frequent just have to move them to home, You did have me wondering for a sec becouse i run a bold a storm and the torch. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

redheadp wrote:
on my torch i do have a downloads screen stock standard, had a few panicks losing icons on update but they have allways been there, between media and frequent just have to move them to home, You did have me wondering for a sec becouse i run a bold a storm and the torch. :smileyhappy:

I must apologize, you are correct.  Yes, there is a Downloads screen (which I never use) on the Torch.  There is no actual Downloads folder on the Torch.  I created one on my phone so I could have my downloads accessible to me without having to scroll to the Downloads screen.

I hope that clears things up.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
redheadp

very few of the users i know ever use that screen, and missing icons seem to allways appear there. sometimes the kiss principle works. no apology nesesary i like putting a penny in sometimes :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

redheadp wrote:
very few of the users i know ever use that screen, and missing icons seem to allways appear there. sometimes the kiss principle works. no apology nesesary i like putting a penny in sometimes :smileyhappy:

Hi,

I guess I'm the odd man out!

I use the Downloads folder all the time. I test a lot of applications both beta and working with other users. I would be losing track of them if I didn't keep them together. It's also an old habit from being an IT guy. Until I'm done testing and ready to make it a permanent app it stays in download. I've had a couple of times when getting a JVM error 507 where taking a quick look in the download folder helped me quickly see what was installed and could be causing the error.

Just FYI after installation of a new app I've had them show up in almost every folder possible. It always pays to look!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.