Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
aiturnizzle
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

problems customising my profiles

I got my new torch only a few days ago and I seem to already be having problems.

The first is my inability to change the function of the convenience key. I go into options to change it but when I click on the icon to change it the screen seems to be attempting to navigate to another screen but then instantly flashes back to the options screen.

The second is my inability to change sounds for selected profile. The same thing that occurs when I try to change the convenience key occurs when I try to edit the selected profile. I can't even seem to edit the profiles in the profile management section.

I was fiddling around with these options on the fiurst day but it seems that after plugging this into my computer and connecting it with the desktop software it has been having these problems.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? I am pretty sure my phone is up to date with its software so I don't know why I can't customise the aforementioned items.

Any help is definitely appreciated. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: problems customising my profiles

Welcome to the Forums, aiturnizzle!

Let's first try a good, old-fashioned battery pull to see if this doesn't resolve your issues.

With the unit powered on, remove the battery cover and take the battery out.  Leave it out for a good 5-10 minutes, then reinsert the battery.  Once the device has booted, see if you are able to accomplish any of those tasks.

We'll look forward to hearing back from you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aiturnizzle
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the battery pull but it didn't do anything for it. I did however backup the data on my phone and realised there was an update for my phone. I hadn't noticed it before and my phone was saying that it was up to date so once that update was performed everything seems to be working as it should. Thanks though :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Excellent!  That was actually going to be my next question, regarding the OS that you had on your device.

Glad you got it all sorted out!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.