Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

marysumann
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

"Error 102 - Reload Software"

The words  entered into the subject line above "Error 102 - Reload Software" pops up before my device can finish rebooting all of a sudden. A battery pull did not fix this issue, neither did plugging in the phone and running the desktop software to try and reload the software. It won't let me reload the software, and I am at a loss of what to do to get my phone working again. This is becoming extremely frustrating on my part and any advice on what to do in this situation would be much appreciated. I have tried updating or finding software updates, when I tried to reload with the newer version I was provided with another "error" message with relation to its ability to load on the device. Can anybody tell me what to do? It was working perfectly fine, and all of a sudden, this happens.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: "Error 102 - Reload Software"

Hey marysumann,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To resolve this issue you will need to use the force detection method to reload the software.  Follow the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
qcsolo-2876
My Device: TORCH 9810

I have solved this problem. I have send a post to explain how to solve it for next who got same. You should find it around last August 30.

Resume is you have to plug to your computer and go into DOS commands, go to app.loader and type a ccommand that will continue software to load. You caused the problem when you unplug the phone while it was booting software that has stopped loading.

Shall go now, wil ltry to come back later with the complete procedure

Please use plain text.
Contributor
qcsolo-2876
My Device: TORCH 9810

Here is the procedure:

Close BB desktop software

Plug your phone to your computer

Go start, execute and type "cmd" and enter

Type: "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Research In Motion\AppLoader
Type: "loader.exe /nojvm"

A window will open: type "next"

You shall see: “USB:UNKNOWN” select the only shown option, if not appear unplug and replug yout phone

Program shall start to load

If you want to see the french instructions go here:

http://www.forum-blackberry.fr/showthread.php?1437-Sauver-un-BlackBerry-crash%E9-non-reconnu-par-le-...

Please use plain text.