Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9380

Re: "Media Card Repair Failed"

Sorry for reply lately, maybe this topic was expired but who knows it'll help another else.

Actually you only need to open your media card on PC, then remove folder .emp and LOST.DIR, and your media card will be detected again without any problem.

My Device: 9810

Do you know what type of adaptor I need? I really don't want to loose my pics, vids etc
New Contributor
My Device: 9380

Actually the adapter included when you bought it. But if you dont have any adapter, just connect your device through USB, then choose the USB drive from your device, after that your Media Card will be detected on PC, and then do my suggestion.

Actually your data is not lost, if your media card has already detected on PC, you can take all data that you have.

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9320

how did you do this?????/

My Device: blackberry 9360

Yeah but doing that you loose everything on your media card?
Visitor
My Device: 9300

I have a similar problem 

my phone rebooted randomly this morning and when it turned itself back on it sold me that my memory card repair had failed and all my media was lost!!! 

I tried to do the thing where you go on options - device -  storage - format and it failed! 

One picture came back but hundreds are lost and all my music is gone and I don't know what to do next! 

If anyone can help me that would be really kind 

My Device: 9520

Hi I have had the same problem with phone

I have formatted the card and taken a photo,but now cant find it under media folder where ,video or podcasts sub folders are.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

If you are using a Windows computer, you can try this which just might work (it did for me).

* For Windows 7 and Up - You will need a SD Card Adapter and a computer with a card reader

1. Click Start and type cmd
  2. Right click on it and "Run as administrator"
  3. Allow access and once opened...
  4. Go into Computer, and locate the drive for the memory card remembering the drive letter (in my case it is, D:smileyhappy:
  5. In command Prompt, type: chkdsk D: /f and press enter
     (of course replacing D with your drive letter)
  6. It would now check the drive for errors and hopefully repair it
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220

Hi so um I'm pretty aware this thread is probably expired or something, but I've got the same problem but I can't copy my media card data to my computer; I've tried this on my laptop and my PC and it still doesn't work. What should I do?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860

The only remedy for that kind of problem is to re-format the said media card to avoid hassles again and again.That's exactly what I did, and it works!