Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch (9800)
My Carrier: O2

"Media Card Repair Failed"

Apologies firstly for my ignorance and secondly for not having managed to fix this without having to post on it. I have checked other similar queries on this and tried various solutions suggested but haven't been successful as yet.

So, a couple days ago, I noticed my pics had disappeared. The phone said "A Media Card has been insert that contains errors" and I tried to repair them, but as others have found, "Media Card Repair Failed".

When I plugged both the phone, and then the media card via a card reader, into my laptop, the "camera" folder was simply a Unix file, not a folder anymore, and obviously no contents. So is the problem the card, or is the instructions for the camera missing?

I've tried taking the battery out a few times to reboot - no effect. I've tried "repair" repeatedly and that doesn't work. I've not managed to re-format the card so do let me know how exactly to do that via the phone, if you think that's the best option. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Re: "Media Card Repair Failed"

The problem occured probably when you might have synced your phone with your laptop. Well anyways the pics cannot be recovered now however i think the card might be still be ok.
So to format the card through the phone.
Go to
>>Options menu
>> Device
>> Storage
>> press the menu key you'll see the option to format in the menu touch it or click it.
Then select format media card.
And you're done!!!
Percy
New Contributor
My Device: Torch (9800)
My Carrier: O2

Thanks - I think it has worked. The problem with repairing etc happened before I plugged it into the computer but whatever. I knew the pics were gone but hopefully everything will work now, and I'll back up the content more frequently in future.

Cheers

T

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

I had the same problem with my 9900. I had an app world update for facebook which required a reboot. Upon reboot completion, the memory card error message appeared and repairing attempts failed.

I did not lose my photos however, as they were still stored on the memory card; the phone just wouldn't recognize them! So I took out the micro SD, put it into its adaptor and saved all of the image, music, etc... files to my computer and then reformatted the card.

After reformatting I put the files I wanted to keep back onto the card and then put the card back into the phone and it worked great.

hopefully this saves someone from panic, best of luck with your BBs!

My Device: torch 9980
My Carrier: 447899871136

Hi I have done all that but my computer is saying there are no photos on the card now and I am so upset.....do you think they are definitely gone or is there some other way of checking? ?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there are undelete programs for SD card on the internet, some free too

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: cable & wireless

hello I have a question, if I formatt my contact of bbpin and whatsapp will eliminate?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

do they work?! Could you link me one :smileysurprised:

My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

recuva is my personal fav

its free too 

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

This totally worked. I was freaking out thinking I'd lost presious photos and all my music. I put my card in the computer and everyrhing was there so I saved it and then formatted the media card and re loaded everything onto the card. Everything is back and I'm so happy.

Don't do anything until you do this otherwise you may lose your data for good.