Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB - version 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: Bell

"New" Torch 9800

I am new to BB smartphones, though I have had a PlayBook for a year. (it was a gift) I was given a Torch 9800 from a friend who bought the new 10. I have not activated it with Bell yet because my friend has to unlock it from Telus, or so says Bell. I have been playing with it using the camera  and WiFi  and such just to get used to it.

My question is this, is there a way to get the pictures off if it without it being activated by Bell? I have downloaded the Desktop Manager, and it recognizes the phone but doesn't want to connect. (I am having the same problem with my PB)

thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: "New" Torch 9800

Hello WDWDonna

On your Torch where those Images are stored, on  Media Card or Device Memory ? Refer to this Knowledge Base and see if that help :

KB29523  : How to manually transfer files between a BlackBerry smartphone and a Windows computer.

As your device is not recognized , so make sure that on your PC you're connecting it via Main USB ports not a hub, or try with any other USB cable .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.