Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Tingleyone
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange UK
Accepted Solution

"Security Software Verification" Frequently and can't stop it

I have a Torch 9800 - which I bought second hand, with a complete re-set. I have had all my contacts and details copied over by my local orange shop.

I am totally new to Blackberry, and I am finding it very frustrating with a "Security Software Verification"  action happening frequently on my phone. The screen goes black with the Blackberry logo, and a white line slowly updates. Whilst this is happening I am unable to action any of the buttons.

I went to Options > Security Status Information (no services) > Blackberry Button > Verify Security Software

It runs through loads of ticks and says Security Tests Passed. But this action has not stopped the frequent checking.

What am I doing wrong? Or what else must I do?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: "Security Software Verification" Frequently and can't stop it

when your device goes black with the white bar progressively increasing, it is not a "security software verification". It is simply that your device has decided it was so ill it could not do anything but reboot.

This is not normal. Usually it is because of either an application that uses all the memory or an application that corrupts the OS.

I suggest you open the application manager and see which one uses too much memory.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tingleyone

Thank you Xandrex. I have checked running applications ( pressed and held don Menu button)

The only applications that appear to be running are:

Home, Messages, Phonem Browser and Blackberry Messenger.

From previous posts I don't think any of these can be stopped.

The only software that I downloaded and have since removed was  Battery Watch.

I guess I really need to get some help, Blackberry is not like any other phone I have ever had! I can't get BBM to work, and Facebook says I am not on a data package that allows this. But I am, and in all my previous phones I have not had any problems. I also can't get any e-mails set up!

I don't know why it is re-booting all the time though - I will try nd see howmany times it does it, but as I work fulltime and it is kept in a holster, it will be difficult.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tingleyone

I also noticed that I always get the Security Software Verification message - each time, after the phone reboots (if black screen white line etc is re-booting.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

the security software verification happens whenever the device is rebooted, this is normal.

I think you need to contact OrangeUK hotline and have them deal with your device so that it is linked to your BIS Account.
You need to have 3G in caps in the upper right corner of your home screen. You need to get emails & facebook, and only after that we can see what is wrong (the reboots).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tingleyone

Thanks - for all your help - I will try and get some time off  work and go into my local orange shop - much easier and mor ehelpful than a telephone line - I will come back and advise answers etc for future posts

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tingleyone

Been in contact with Orange today, and added BBM Facebook etc to my "package" - Although my old phone had access to these and freely, blackberry access is totally different.

I will now monitor the phone and fingers crossed the fix was as simple as that - just getting a package added.

Although....... I need to delete e-mail accounts as the previous owner e-mails popped up! Embarassing

Thanks for all your help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

well this is completely different. If your device is second hand, then now you need to proceed with the steps of the seller as well as the steps of the buyer in this article from the public knowledge base:

Article ID: KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Please use plain text.