Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

MaggiH
My Device: Torch 9800

rebooting

I plugged the phone into the wall so that I could upgrade some apps.  I found the apps and noticed that I could upgrade them all instead of one at a time.  But now the phone keeps rebooting and I can't stop it.  It has been doing this for hours.  Any suggestions??

Regular Contributor
Shazmin
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Re: rebooting

[ Edited ]

If the phone is getting restarted then you will have to reload the OS of your phone. 

You can download the phone OS from : 

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

select your carrier and the desired OS for your phone as you wish. then download the application loaded which helps you to install the OS to the phone from your PC. We call it as BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife).

You can get the loader at :

bbsak.org/download.php

Once you are done downloading the both. Install the BBSAK and the Phone OS to the computer first where you downloaded from the blackerrry site.

Connect your phone to the PC via the Data cable and wait a few seconds. Now open the BBSAK software and click CONNECT. As soon as you do it your phone's IMEI number will be displayed there. So now click Wipe device and press o for any upcoming messages. 

Now look at your phone, you will see a message saying that the phone is getting wiped (Resetting).

Wait a few minutes and once the wipe it done Click on LOAD OS on the BBSAK software and then you will get a menu to select the Blackberry OS that you have installed in the PC (Remember i said that you need the Blackberry OS to the PC first). So now select the OS and then click Next and the rest is just a few steps left with some more Next clicks.

I hope you are now done with the New OS installed to your phone. Keep posting if you need any further help.

Don't get scared, you can do it all alone. Try it ok ?  :smileyhappy: Click LIKE on this if this helped you. :smileyhappy:

Cheers! 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: rebooting

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V