Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
holydiver_1
My Device: Z30

red pocket wireless

I am signed up with red pocket wireless (att network) and want to go online with my torch. Can't figure out how to configure it.

This is what the website reads:

1. On Device
    • Select Options (or Settings then Options) > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table.
    • Scroll to the desired account and select Register Now.
    • The handset will display Registration message sent! Select OK.
    • Press the end call key to return to the main screen.
  2. On-line
    • Go to the relevant BlackBerry Internet Service Portal website for the service provider.
    • Follow the on-line instructions to send the service books to the device.
  3. Access Point only (for some applications)
    • Select Options > Device.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: red pocket wireless

Hello,

Good work on finding the steps to conduct...but, what is the result of steps 1 and 2? Step 1 should result in one "registration" message to your BB. And Step 2 should result in one "activation" message for each email account that you have configured.

Also, add a batt-pull reboot at the end to see if that helps.

Failing that, it'll be up to your provider to tell you what you need to gain access...it's their network, after all, that you are attempting to use. And, if you are paying them for that usage, then they are letting you down by not providing you access.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
holydiver_1
My Device: Z30

doesn't look like it is going to work dammit! Such a great deal! $60 for unlim talk text and 2 GB of data

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, from the words you've put here, I can't see that determination being reached. Is there perhaps more information that you've not yet shared? If you carrier has told you this, then it's true. But, if they are talking about generic rather than a BB-specific data plan, then yes it's true that you won't be able to access full BB services. The carriers host infrastructure to support their BB users...if your carrier does not have that infrastructure, then yes you can't access any of the BB-level services.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
smdowns
My Device: Torch 9800

I too have swithched and can not figure it out. If anyone can help please let me know.