Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
scottj
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

reset user name and password

I need to change my email settings in my phone and I have not needed my password since I purchased the phone 2 1/2 years ago.  I received an email from BB showing my user ID but one is incorrect.  How can this be reset?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: reset user name and password

Hi scottj

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are many ways to reset our BlackBerry ID password as well as to change or Update the Username or Email password that we use for our BlackBerry ID . However .. If the Username or the Email that we use for your BlackBerry ID is not valid or is not accessable then we are stuck !

You can try calling your Carrier to know if they can help you with this situation , If that fails then there is no other option but you have to create and use a Complete new BlackBerry ID using a valid Email address. Refer to this Knowledge Base for help :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

However .. while doing so , you will loose access to any of your paid apps that you purchased from BlackBerry World .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.