Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

screen goes black when slide is open

i am unable to use the keyboared on my torch as whenever i slide the screen up the screeb light refuses to go on. i am able to use the touch screen to operate the phone but i cannot use the buttons on my phone. i went to an EE shop and was told this is a software problem. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: screen goes black when slide is open

Hi MrEleffe,

Welcome to the support community!
To fix any possible software issue that may be causing this to happen, please try to first back up all your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and then perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further steps, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®:
"How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows" KB12487
"How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" KB11320
For Mac:
"Back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data on a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software" KB18776
"Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" KB19915

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring your backup file.
If that doesn't help, then the issue may be hardware related. In that case I recommend contacting your mobile network provider again for other options.

Please let me know how you make out with that.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!