Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
fusion1
My Device: torch 9850
My Carrier: Mtn

screen rotation software

Hello, I'm a cstomer n fan of BB and I love the art they make. I use the torch 9850 and have a problem with it everytime I get in bed.when I use it the screen rotates automatically even though I don't want it to. I have searched for apps that help with this problem "stop tilt" but they don't offer u a permanent fix until you want to set it to automatically rotate. Can the software updates include a solution to this problem? Its annoying everytime I want to chat in bed as it flips. Pls embed an option in the software that does that.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: screen rotation software

I agree, such a function should be part of the native OS. It's been asked for, for the full touch screen devices, for three years since the Storm1 was introduced.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

Yes, it should be, what's the point of making a touch screen which will rotate when u don't want it to? I've seen the option on the I phone 4 which is brilliant. What's so hard that blackberry can't do to satisfy its customers?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Well, I can argue the other side, since you force it... when you rotate the device, it is SUPPOSED to rotate the screen.

I don't care about your iPhone comments. This is not an iPhone. For years the iPhone had no copy/paste function, do you think BlackBerry should have removed its copy/paste function to "get in line" with that piece of **bleep**?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

I'm just saying that coz this is the latest blackberry, it shud have filled the loopholes of the other previous models. I'm not saying blackberry sucks, I.just need it to improve. Hoe blackberry 10 will have major improvements.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Have tried other rotation lock apps?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

I havnt tried any. Since they not reliable n u need to purchase them. Blackberry should have them out there for free on their behalf to download from the app world..but the optiion to lock the screen from raotating shud have been there in the 1st place. Blackberry isn't experimenting anymore as now they on game.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

I havnt tried any. Since they not reliable n u need to purchase them. Blackberry should have them out there for free on their behalf to download from the app world..but the optiion to lock the screen from raotating shud have been there in the 1st place. Blackberry isn't experimenting anymore as now they on game. Is there any app you can recommend?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

"shud"

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chanson01
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

I find your answer/response to the question to be rather silly and somewhat offensive. However, one can well appreciate the added convenience of being able to disable the screen rotation whenever necessary. I totally agree that BlackBerry should incorporate such a feature on all their devices where the screen automatically rotates when the phone is moved from vertical or horizontal or vice versa. I believe many users would simply like the option to turn that feature on or off whenever necessary, The BlackBerry Playbook already has that feature so the technology is nothing new to BlackBerry. The original post is quite valid and BlackBerry should give this some thought.

Please use plain text.