Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

markC
My Device: 9800 torch
Accepted Solution

switch devices from bold 9000 to 9800 torch

i am switching devices from the bold 9000 to the torch. updated my pc to desktop mgr 6.0, connected the 9000, when asked to connect torch, did that, when during the final switch i get the following error

update file net_rim_bb_appworld.cod for application "Blackberry app world" is not compatible w/ the version that is installed on your device.

please advise. do i remove app world from the 9000? from the torch? dead in the water until this is resolved

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: switch devices from bold 9000 to 9800 torch

I would recomment removing the app world from both devices as it could be either or. Its a fairly easy program to acquire so I wouldnt fret to much over it. Lemme know how this goes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
markC

removed it from the 9000, installation went like a champ, beautiful....wow this torch rocks.....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Rub it in.... im stuck with the 8310 :smileysad: so ya, im jealous.
but glad to hear its working well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
djmyster-e

switch devices from bold 9000 to 9800 torch

Hi everyone!

I just picked up my 9800 Torch today and I encountered a problem with the Social Feeds app. I'm hoping one of you who has encountered this same problem and can help me with this.

Upon backing up my 9700 Bold 2 and updating it to my 9800, my Facebook and Twitter apps from the 9700 (older versions) override the 9800 apps (newer versions, most likely compatible with only OS 6). In addition to that, they both don't show up on the Social Feeds app.

I've been endlessly searching google and bb forums for an answer to get the updated versions and have it show up on the Social Feeds app but I've had no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

Please use plain text.
dlieber
My Device: Torch 9800

There are several steps to fixing this as the currently available versions of BlackBerry App World and Facebook are not yet updated (wait about a week). You can erase them, download the phone image from your carrier and then reload the software using BlackBerry Desktop.

I had a similar issue and it was quite frustrating!

I hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
winnifred0702
My Device: Blackerry Torch

dlieber, Thanks!  This was really helpful and fixed the same problem that I was having! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
saminksiii
My Device: Not Specified

When the device switch worked, did it transfer contact and calendar information?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ptmgv
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: Switch devices from Pearl 8130 to Torch 9800; Torch not recognized by BDS over USB cable

Running BDS 6.0 under Vista Business on a 32-bit HP530 laptop.

BDS recognizes Pearl 8130 (Bell Mobility) on USB cable and syncs Outlook reliably.

However, BDS hangs on switching after backing up Pearl because it doesn't recognize Torch 9800 (Virgin Mlobile).

I get the same result under Windows 7 on a HP Compaq dc5850 Microtower.

Torch USB cable works on both PCs to charge battery so the cable seems not to be the problem.

Have talked many times with VirginMobile tech support.

Have tried the following ALL without success: Dowgrading BDS to 4.5 then to 5.0, deleting Intellisync files, the following routine from bberry forums.

"Restart your computer

Connect your BlackBerry

Launch the Desktop Manager

Leaving the BlackBerry connected, remove the battery for 2 seconds

Reinsert the battery and let the device power on ."

Anyone have another idea? 

Thanks, GV

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oscarwrg
My Device: Torch 9800

Anyone could tell me what happen with the SIM Card, at which moment I have to put my SIM Card on my new 9800, after the switch or before plugging the 9800 to switch

Please use plain text.