Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
joomie
My Device: torch 9850

system re-load

good day....recently my phone started loading up to a point and stopped, so i got some required information on how to go about re-loading the software, however i have encountered another problem and cant seem to find my way around it. on re-loading the software, im being promted for a device password. I have two problems with this 1) I dont recall having a password on my phone and 2) im not even been given the option of entering any password, all im seeing at the end of the prompt is Retry and Cancel. plz help.....my phone make is a torch 9850

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: system re-load

Hi joomie,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please check and let me know if the prompt you are receiving is asking for a password or is it a PIN field? Are you receiving this prompt when the BlackBerry Desktop Software is attempting to make a connection to the BlackBerry smartphone to start reloading the software? Can you please provide the full prompt you see on the screen or provide a screenshot?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
joomie
My Device: torch 9850

Re: system re-load

Good day...the prompt is asking for a password and yes it appears when the the blackberry software has almost completed the reloading process. However i've visited two local stores in my country, 1 being a blackberry store and they both said to me, that once what i've described has happened to the phone their's no fixing it...Could this be true??? I've had this phone just over 5mths -_-